September 1904 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in September 1904.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on September 1904: find out below
Which were the important events of September 1904?
- 01 Sep 1904 The Denver Assay Office opens for business.
- 03 Sep 1904 St. Louis Olympics closes
- 04 Sep 1904 Dali Lama signs treaty allowing British commerce in Tibet
- 06 Sep 1904 Soccer team Rheden forms
- 07 Sep 1904 British expedition to Tibet: The Dalai Lama signs the Anglo-Tibetan Treaty with Colonel Francis Younghusband.
- 09 Sep 1904 Boston Herald again refers to New York baseball club as Yankees, when it reports Yankees take 2, Yankee name not official till 1913
- 15 Sep 1904 Wilbur Wright makes his first airplane flight.
- 20 Sep 1904 Orville and Wilbur Wright fly a circle in their Flyer II
- 23 Sep 1904 Francis Younghusbands leaves Lhasa Tibet
- 25 Sep 1904 Charles Follis is 1st black to play pro football
- 26 Sep 1904 Charles Kleins Music Master, premieres in New York City
- 28 Sep 1904 Woman arrested for smoking a cigarette in a car on 5th Avenue, New York City
- 29 Sep 1904 1st monument honoring Spanish American War erected (Monroeville Ohio)
- 30 Sep 1904 White Sox lefty Doc White, pitches his 5th shutout in 18 days
German artist, a pioneer abstract...
Anglo-American actress who was very...
- See more
Which were the top hits in September 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Good-Bye, My Lady Love
- J.W. Myers - Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis
- Billy Murray - Alexander
- Byron G. Harlan - Good-Bye, Little Girl, Good-Bye
- Mina Hickman - Good-Bye, Little Girl, Good-Bye