Thursday 15 September 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Conway and Umberto II van Piemonte.
Quo Vadis?, directed by Lucien Nonguet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
while Sir Mortimer by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1904!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1904 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Tom Conway: Russia -- Actor (Mark Saber, Betty Hutton Show).
- Umberto II van Piemonte: King of Italy (1946).
- King Umberto: II of Italy (d. 1983).
- Umberto: Italian royalty who, as the King of Italy reigned for 35 days, was exiled by popular vote in 1946 to Switzerland and not allowed to return home to die.
- Umberto II: Umberto II of Italy (d. 1983).
- Sheilah Westbrook: English-American actress journalist and author (d. 1988)
- Wilbur Wright makes his first airplane flight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1904 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Alexander - Billy Murray
- Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis - J.W. Myers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?