Saturday 17 September 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edgar G Ulmer and Frederick Ashton.
The Hero of Liao-Yang, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1904!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1904 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Edgar G Ulmer: Austrian-American film director (d. 1972).
- Frederick Ashton: Ecuadorian-English dancer and choreographer (d. 1988).
- Jerry Colonna: Boston, Massachusetts -- Actor (Road to Morocco, Road to Singapore).
- Edgar Ulmer: Czech-American director screenwriter and set designer (d. 1972).
- Raden Ayu Kartini: Indonesian national heroine (Born 1879).