Saturday 17 September 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edgar G Ulmer and Frederick Ashton.
La Danse du diable, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1904!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1904 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Edgar G Ulmer: Austrian-American film director (d. 1972).
- Frederick Ashton: Ecuadorian-English dancer and choreographer (d. 1988).
- Jerry Colonna: Boston, Massachusetts -- Actor (Road to Morocco, Road to Singapore).
- Edgar Ulmer: Czech-American director screenwriter and set designer (d. 1972).
- Raden Ayu Kartini: Indonesian national heroine (Born 1879).