Thursday September 29, 1904
US date format: 9/29/1904, UK date format: 29/9/1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 29, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Greer Garson and André Lallemand.
Nervy Nat Kisses the Bride, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 29, 1904?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- See more
- 1st monument honoring Spanish American War erected (Monroeville Ohio)
- Niels Ryberg Finnen: Danish Physician (Nobel 1903).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 29, 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Byron G. Harlan - Good-Bye, Little Girl, Good-Bye
- Mina Hickman - Good-Bye, Little Girl, Good-Bye