Wednesday 21 September 1904US date format: 9/21/1904, UK date format: 21/9/1904
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Hartung and Norbert Dufourcq.
A Railway Tragedy, directed by Unavailable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1904!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1904 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Hans Hartung: German artist, a pioneer abstract expressionist painter and member of the abstract wing of the Paris school after 1945.
- Norbert Dufourcq: St Jean de Braye Musician.
- Chief Joseph: Nez Perce leader (Born 1840).