Wednesday 1 April 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mysterious X, directed by Benjamin Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1914 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Lor Tok: Thai comedian and actor (Born 1914).
- Noel Baudry: France sport Champion.
- Carla van: Neste Belgian violinist.
- Rube Waddell: Baseballer, dies at 37 of tuberculosis.
- UVS Soccer team forms in Lead
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Little Grey Home in the West - Charles Harrison
- All Aboard for Dixieland - American Quartet
- La Golondrina (The Swallow) - Victor Military Band
- That International Rag - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?