Sunday 1 July 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Silver Fleet, directed by Vernon Campbell Sewell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1945 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Debbie Harry: American singer-songwriter and actress best known for being the lead singer of the punk rock and New Wave band.
- Mike Burstyn: Israeli-born American actor.
- Deborah Harry: Rock Singer.
- 1st of the superstars returns from the WWII, Hank Greenberg homers
- 55th Postmaster General: Robert E Hannegan of Mo takes office
- Allies troop land on Balikpapan
- WWII: Germany is divided between the Allied occupation forces.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Chopin's Polonaise - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Sentimental Journey - Merry Macs
- Who Threw the Whiskey in the Well? - Lucky Millinder & His Orchestra
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Tain't Me - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?