Tuesday 17 July 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fenneken Fockema Andreae and Alexander .
Christmas in Connecticut, directed by Peter Godfrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1945 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Fenneken Fockema Andreae: Dutch actress (Sea Gull).
- Alexander : Crown Prince of Yugoslavia.
- John Patten: Baron Patten English politician Secretary of State for Education.
- Potsdam Conference (FDR, Stalin, Churchill) holds 1st meeting
- American President Harry Truman, Soviet leader Josef Stalin, and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill meet at Schloss Cecilienhof in Potsdam near Berlin, Germany, beginning a 17-day conference. Partway through the conference, Chruchill is replaced by the newly elected British Prime Minister Clement Attlee. Peace terms are drafted, and discussions are held on Germany, Poland, and Japan.
- August 2 ampndash WWII ampndash Potsdam Conference: At Potsdam, the three main Allied leaders hold their final summit of the war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- A Kiss Goodnight - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way
- Can't You Read Between The Lines - Charlie Spivak
- Johnny Mercer - On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe
- I Wish I Knew - Dick Haymes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?