Tuesday 31 July 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Lady on a Train, directed by Charles David, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1945 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Tomas Vackar: Composer.
- William Floyd Weld: (Gov-R-Massachusetts).
- David Sutherland: American filmmaker, whose films are independent documentaries.
- Gary Lewis: American vocalist ( & the Playboys).
- William Weld: American politician, the Governor of Massachusetts after George Dukakis, finally balancing the budget and doing so without raising taxes.
- Pierre Laval, the fugitive former leader of Vichy France, surrenders to Allied soldiers in Austria.
- John K. Giles attempts to escape from Alcatraz prison.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?