Saturday 28 July 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Lady on a Train, directed by Charles David, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1945 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Anne Rush: American writer and illustrator, the author of several books including Feminism as Therapy (1974), Moon, Moon (1976), and The Modern Book of Yoga (1996).
- Jim Davis: Actor (Jack Ewing-Dallas), dies at 65.
- Richard William Wright: Rock guitarist (Pink Floyd-Brick in the Wall).
- Japanese Premier Suzuki disregards US ultimatum to surrender
- US Army B-25 crashes into 79th floor of Empire State Bldg, 14 die
- US Senate ratifies United Nations charter 89-2.
- A U.S. Army B-25 bomber crashes into the 79th floor of the Empire State Building killing 14 and injuring 26.
- An U.S. Army Air Forces B-25 bomber crashes into the Empire State Building, killing 14 people, including all on board.
- WWII: Japan ambiguously rejects the Potsdam Declaration.ref name=quotnuclearfiles1940quot/
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?