Saturday 28 July 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard William Wright and Anne Rush.
Lady on a Train, directed by Charles David, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1945 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Richard William Wright: Rock guitarist (Pink Floyd-Brick in the Wall).
- Anne Rush: American writer and illustrator, the author of several books including Feminism as Therapy (1974), Moon, Moon (1976), and The Modern Book of Yoga (1996).
- Jim Davis: Actor (Jack Ewing-Dallas), dies at 65.
- Japanese Premier Suzuki disregards US ultimatum to surrender
- US Army B-25 crashes into 79th floor of Empire State Bldg, 14 die
- US Senate ratifies United Nations charter 89-2.
- A U.S. Army B-25 bomber crashes into the 79th floor of the Empire State Building killing 14 and injuring 26.
- An U.S. Army Air Forces B-25 bomber crashes into the Empire State Building, killing 14 people, including all on board.
- WWII: Japan ambiguously rejects the Potsdam Declaration.ref name=quotnuclearfiles1940quot/
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?