Tuesday 1 March 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, directed by Grard Bourgeois, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1910 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Mapy Cortes: Puerto Rican dancer and film and television actress who participated in many films during the Golden Age of Mexican cinema.
- Archer Martin: English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2002).
- David Niven: English-Swiss actor singer and producer (d. 1983).
- An avalanche of snow hits two trains stranded for seven days outside the Cascade Tunnel below Stevens Pass, near Wellington, Washington, USA, killing 96. Deadliest avalanche in US history.
- The worst avalanche in United States history buries a Great Northern Railway train in northeastern King County, Washington, killing 96 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Has Anybody Here Seen Kelly? - Ada Jones
- I'm A-Dreamin' of You - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- She Sells Sea Shells - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?