Saturday 8 October 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dorian Grays Portræt, directed by Axel Strm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1910 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Gus Hall: American union organizer and head of the U.S.
- Helmut Kallmeyer: German chemist and soldier (d. 2006).
- Ray Lewis: Canadian runner (d. 2003).
- Paulette Dubost: French actress and centenarian, who appeared in over 250 films and worked with such directors as Marcel Carné, Jean Renoir, Max Ophüls ("Le Plaisir," 1952, and "Lola Montès," 1955) and François Truffaut.
- Raymod Gray Lewis: Ontario, Canada -- 4X400 relayer (1932 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Kirk Alyn: American actor, a former Broadway chorus boy and vaudeville entertainer when he was cast in the role of the first "Superman," 1948. After heroic roles in a few other serials, he drifted back into obscurity in the early '50s. He privately published his memoirs, "A Job for Superman." In 1977 he sued a comics publishing company and two film studios for $10 million for allegedly using his picture on an "obscene plaque." It showed him on a window ledge in his Superman suit with the words, "Super Schm
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In the Valley of Yesterday - Harry Macdonough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?