Thursday 2 February 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1939 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Mary-Dell Chilton: American chemist and inventor and one of the founders of modern plant biotechnology.
- Dale Mortensen: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2014).
- Akbar Adibi: Iranian scientist (d. 2000).
- Hungary joins the Anti-Comintern Pact.
- British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain states in the House of Commons that any German attack on France will be automatically considered an attack on Britain.
- In a response to Georges Bonnet's speech of January 26, German Foreign Minister Joachim von Ribbentrop, referring to Bonnet's alleged statement of December 6, 1938 accepting Eastern Europe as being in Germany's exclusive sphere of influence, protests that all French security commitments in that region are ampquotnow off limitsampquot.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?