Tuesday 28 February 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1939 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Chogyam Trungpa: Tibetan Buddhist meditation instructor (d. 1987).
- Olivier Despax: French singer and composer.
- John Fahey: singer ("Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death").
- The Missing Link: Canadian wrestler (d. 2007).
- Chögyam Trungpa: Tibetan philosopher and scholar (d. 1987).
- Daniel Tsui: Chinese-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Charles Brown: Cincinnati, Ohio -- Featherweight boxer (1964 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Tommy Tune: American dancer, actor, director, choreographer and producer. Tommy is a nine time Tony winner and the only person in theatrical history to win in four different categories and to win the same two Tony Awards two years in a row. He was inducted into the Theater Hall of Fame in 1991 and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1994.
- Tommy Tune in Wichita Falls: Texas, USA; dancer/choreographer (The Boyfriend).
- Great-Britain recognizes Franco-regime in Spain
- The erroneous word ''dord'' is discovered in the Webster's New International Dictionary, Second Edition, prompting an investigation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 February 1939 and get them!