Thursday 2 May 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lesley Gore in Tenafly and Scott Holden.
The Postman Always Rings Twice, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Hour Glass.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1946 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Lesley Gore in Tenafly: New Jersey, USA; singer ("It's My Party").
- Scott Holden: American noted family, the son of William Holden and Brenda Marshall.
- Lesley Gore: Pop Singer.
- Peter Benson: American psychologist and academic (d. 2011).
- David Suchet: English actor and producer.
- Indrek Tart: Estonian sociologist and poet
- Prisoners begin revolt at Alcatraz prison in California.
- The ''Battle of Alcatraz'' takes place, killing two guards and three inmates.
- Six inmates unsuccessfully try to escape from Alcatraz Prison. A riot occurs, the so-called quotBattle of Alcatrazquot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dinah Shore - The Gypsy
- Gypsy - Hildegarde (Guy Lombardo Orchestra)
- In the Moon Mist - Pied Pipers
- Sioux City Sue - Kate Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?