Sunday 19 May 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diedre Lenihan in Atlanta and Mary Bryan.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Let's Play Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1946 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Diedre Lenihan in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; actress (Wendy - Needles and Pins).
- Mary Bryan: LPGA golfer.
- Claude Lelievre: Belgian commissioner for children's rights.
- Andre the Giant: French professional wrestler (d. 1993).
- Lucy Pond: American astrologer, metaphysician and author.
- Andre the Giant : Wrestler
- Claude Lelièvre: Belgian activist
- Michele Placido: Foggia, Italy -- Actor (La Lupa, Poliziotti)
- André the Giant : French-American wrestler and actor (d. 1993)
- Booth Tarkington: American writer, novelist and playwright.
- Dutch Cooperation for Sexual Reform (NVSH) forms in Amsterdam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - They Say It's Wonderful
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Laughing On the Outside, Crying On the Inside
- I Don't Know Enough About You - Mills Brothers
- All Through the Day - Frank Sinatra
- The House of Blue Lights - Freddie Slack & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?