Sunday 2 June 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Freed and Lasse Hallstrom.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Geographically Speaking.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1946 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Roger Freed: Baseball player.
- Lasse Hallstrom: Swedish film director.
- Song Dae Kwan: Korean singer.
- Peter Sutcliffe: British homicide; known as the Yorkshire Ripper as he killed 13 women and attempted to kill 7 more, mostly prostitutes.
- Eliot Tatelman: American businessman, with his brother Barry, led their family furniture store to new heights of success.
- David Arculus: English businessman
- Song Dae-kwan: South Korean singer
- Lasse Hallström: Swedish director producer and screenwriter
- Tomomichi Nishimura: Japanese voice actor
- Italian plebiscite chooses Republic over monarchy (National Day)
- Birth of the Italian Republic: In a referendum, Italians vote to turn Italy from a monarchy into a Republic. After the referendum the king of Italy Umberto II di Savoia is exiled.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?