Sunday 2 June 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1946 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Lasse Hallstrom: Swedish film director.
- Song Dae Kwan: Korean singer.
- David Arculus: English businessman.
- Song Dae-kwan: South Korean singer.
- Lasse Hallström: Swedish director producer and screenwriter.
- Tomomichi Nishimura: Japanese voice actor
- Peter Sutcliffe: British homicide; known as the Yorkshire Ripper as he killed 13 women and attempted to kill 7 more, mostly prostitutes. A swarthy, bearded Yorkshire man, Sutcliffe was a white male, a truck driver for the past five years. He seemed happily married; they had no kids. Formerly a gravedigger: a coworker related that he would open the coffin lids to look at the cadavers before burial. On the other hand, he was known as a gentle man, even sentimental, and his mother-in-law described him as loving, ki
- Roger Freed: Baseball player
- Eliot Tatelman: American businessman, with his brother Barry, led their family furniture store to new heights of success. Jordan Furniture company is in 2006 a multi-store New England chain primarily through the clever marketing of the Tatelman brothers known simply as Barry and Eliot.
- Italian plebiscite chooses Republic over monarchy (National Day)
- Birth of the Italian Republic: In a referendum, Italians vote to turn Italy from a monarchy into a Republic. After the referendum the king of Italy Umberto II di Savoia is exiled.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?