Monday 2 November 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Mouse That Roared, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1959 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Peter Mullan: Scottish actor director and screenwriter.
- Michael Considine: Irish-Australian politician (d. 1959).
- Girls against the Boys opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 16 performances
- Charles Van Doren confesses, TV quiz show-21, was fixed
- The first section of the M1 motorway, the first inter-urban motorway in the United Kingdom, is opened between the present junctions 5 and 18, along with the M10 motorway and M45 motorway
- The first section of the M1 motorway in England opens between Hertfordshire, just north of London, and the border of Northamptonshire and Warwickshire. The motorway is set to be expanded over the next few years to provide an unbroken motorway link with London and Leeds. A full motorway network across Britain is also set to be developed over the coming decade and into the 1970s.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?