Friday 2 October 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Deegan .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sleep Walk by Santo and Johnny.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Pillow Talk, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawaiian Eye.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1959 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- The anthology series The Twilight Zone premieres on CBS television.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?