Wednesday 3 March 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1971 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Terryl Ulmer: Canadian Football League defensive back (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Christina Denna: American infant mortality, premature, lived nine days.
- Tyler Florence: chef, television personality and cookbook author.
- Charlie Brooker: English comedian, writer and broadcaster.
- Christian Eigner: Austrian drummer and songwriter (Depeche Mode).
- South African Broadcasting Corp lifts its ban on the Beatles.
- Winnie Mandela is sentenced to one year in jail in South Africa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?