Saturday 6 March 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Darrick Martin NBA guard (Los Angeles Clippers and Roger Salkeld in Burbank.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Andromeda Strain, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Taková normální rodinka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1971 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Darrick Martin NBA guard (Los Angeles Clippers: Minnesota Timberwolves).
- Roger Salkeld in Burbank: California, USA; pitcher (Cincinnati Reds).
- Sean Morley: American professional wrestler.
- Richard Gay: French freestyle skier and Olympic medalist.
- Darrick Martin: American basketball player and coach.
- Val Venis: Canadian wrestler
- Thurston Dart: English pianist conductor and musicologist (d. 1971).
- A fire in a mental hospital at Burghölzli, Switzerland, kills 28 people.
- The British postal workers' strike, led by UPW General Secretary Tom Jackson, ends after 47 days.
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, political leader of then East Pakistan (present day - Bangladesh), delivers his famous speech in the Racecourse Field in Dhaka, calling on the masses to be prepared to fight for national independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?