Friday 5 March 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evil Jared Hasselhoff and Jose Mercedes in El Seybo.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Andromeda Strain, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Sendung mit der Maus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1971 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Evil Jared Hasselhoff: American musician (Bloodhound Gang).
- Jose Mercedes in El Seybo: Dominican Republic; pitcher (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Chad Fonville in Jacksonville: North Carolina, USA; infielder (Los Angeles Dodgers).
- Brian Hunter in Portland: Oregon, USA; outfielder (Houston Astros).
- Amy Peistrup-Matthews in Arlington Heights: Illinois, USA; WPVA volleyball player (Old Orchard-17-1995).
- Jeffrey Hammonds: American baseball player, outfielder.
- Yuri Lowenthal: American actor and author
- Greg Berry: English footballer and coach
- Filip Meirhaeghe: Belgian mountainbiker
- Scott Mosier: American actor producer and screenwriter
- Winnie Lightner: Actress (Gold Dust Gertie, Sit Tight), dies at 71.
- The Pakistani army occupies East Pakistan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?