Monday 8 March 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Andromeda Strain, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Rich Man, Poor Man by Irwin Shaw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1971 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Kit Symons: English-Welsh footballer and manager.
- Letícia Sabatella: Brazilian actress in film and television, particularly good at portraying strong, independent women.
- Isabelle Hayat: French infant, died in the maternity ward of the Clinique Alexis Carrel in Sarcelles.
- Bob Boughner in Windsor: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Buffalo Sabres).
- Marc Tobert: Canadian Football League slot back (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Hervé Urbain: French infant, died in the maternity ward of the Clinique Alexis Carrel in Sarcelles. On 3/13/1971 at around 11:45 PM a fire broke out in the maternity ward where 32 babies were asleep. Urbain was taken to the burn center in Paris, where he died soon after.
- Isabelle Demarest: French infant, died in the maternity ward of the Clinique Alexis Carrel in Sarcelles. On 3/13/1971 at around 11:45 PM a fire broke out in the maternity ward where 32 babies were asleep. Demarest died in the fire.
- Harold Lloyd: US comic/actor (Why Worry), dies of cancer at age 77.
- Milwaukee Bucks win their 20th straight NBA game (team record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?