Thursday 18 March 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Me And Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Andromeda Strain, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Passenger To Frankfurt by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1971 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Mariaan de Swardt in Johannesburg: South Africa; tennis star (1996 third round Australia).
- Pierre-Hugues Herbert: French tennis player, he won the doubles final at the 2015 US Open, associated to Nicolas Mahut.
- Mike Bell: American wrestler (d. 2008).
- Mariaan de Swardt: South African-American tennis player coach and sportscaster.
- Kitty Ussher: English economist and politician.
- In Peru a landslide crashes into Lake Yanahuani, killing 200 at the mining camp of Chungar.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Sammi Smith - Help Me Make It Through The Night
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?