Tuesday 3 September 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
Turkish Delight, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1974 ?
- Rebecca Bailey: Christchurch, New Zealand -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Sergei Yerkovich: Hockey defenseman (Team Belarus 1998).
- Vincenzo Campanella: Italian homicide; the killer of a five-year-old boy on 3/05/1992 in Palermo when he was 17.
- Clare Kramer: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- Rahul Sanghvi: Indian cricketer.
- Harry Partch: Oakland, California -- Composer (Oedipus).
- Giants John Montefusco makes his major league debut
- US and German DR establish diplomatic relations
- NBA guard Oscar Robinson retires.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 September 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?