Saturday 14 September 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Shot The Sheriff by Eric Clapton.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Amarcord, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1974 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Hicham El Guerrouj: Moroccan athlete.
- Chad Bradford: American baseball player.
- Hicham Guerrouj: Moroccan runner.
- Mattias Marklund: Swedish guitarist (Vintersorg).
- Helgi Sigurðsson: Icelandic footballer.
- Patrick van Balkom: Dutch sprinter
- Charles Kowal discovers Leda, 13th satellite of Jupiter.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
- The Guess Who - Clap For The Wolfman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?