Sunday 23 November 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 23 November 2008 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- The U.S government rescues Citigroup Inc, agreeing to assume losses on about $250 billion of the bank's risky assets, and inject new capital of $20 billion.
- Mario Fernando Hernández, a Liberal Party member of the Honduran National Congress, is shot dead in San Pedro Sula. (ABC News Australia)
- Mahmoud Abbas is appointed as the President of the ampquotState of Palestineampquot by the Central Council of the Palestinian National Authority. (BBC)
- Human rights activists and opposition politicians in Russia's southern republic of Ingushetia say that the predominantly Muslim region is now in a state of civil war. (BBC)
- One person is killed and several injured in an apparent failed coup attempt in Guinea-Bissau, hours after the controversial results of the parliamentary election were announced where the African Party for the Independence of Guinea and Cape Verde won 67 of 100 seats. (BBC News)
- The government of Burundi abolishes capital punishment and bans homosexuality. Genocide and war crimes are now recognized as illegal activities. (Gulf Times)
- Scientists led by the University of Calgary are searching for the remains of a meteorite that is believed to have struck northern Canada, around the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan, overnight. (CBC)
- Venezuelans go to the polls for regional elections. Allies of President Hugo Chávez win 17 of 21 governorships, but the opposition wins in the two biggest states of Miranda and Zulia as well as the mayorship of Caracas. (BBC)
- The Dalai Lama warns that he is losing confidence in Chinese officials and that the Tibetan people are facing ampquotgreat dangerampquot. (AFP via Google News)
- The Columbus Crew defeat New York Red Bulls 3-1 to win MLS Cup 2008. (ESPN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?