Sunday 8 September 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Turkish Delight, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1974 ?
- Amani Toomer: Football Player.
- Marios Agathokleous: Cypriot footballer.
- Tanaz Eshaghian: Iranian-American director and producer.
- Braulio Luna: Mexican footballer.
- Susanna Bonfiglio: Italian basketball player, a member of the 12-women team, the Italian Nationale, which won the European Silver Medal in Rome June 1995.
- Robert Cox: Last surviving member of Keystone Kops, dies at 79.
- 88th US Womens Tennis: Billie J King beats Evonne Goolagong (36 63 75)
- 94th US Mens Tennis: Jimmy Connors beats Ken Rosewall (61 60 61)
- Ian Thompson wins marathon (2:13:18.8)
- Joanne Carner wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open
- President Gerald Ford pardons former President R Nixon of all federal crimes
- Watergate Scandal: US President Gerald Ford pardons former President Richard Nixon for any crimes Nixon may have committed while in office.
- TWA Flight 841 crashes into the Ionian Sea 18 minutes after take off from Athens, after a bomb explodes in the cargo hold, and kills 88 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?