Monday 16 September 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe by Barry White.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Amarcord, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1974 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Loona : Dutch singer-songwriter and dancer.
- Monique Brumby: Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Joaquín Castro: American lawyer and politician.
- Julian Castro: American lawyer and politician 16th United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
- Frédéric Da Rocha: French footballer who played as a midfielder.
- BART begins regular transbay service
- Bob Dylan records Blood on the Tracks
- President Ford announces conditional amnesty for US, Vietnam War deserters
- US General Haig becomes NATO-supreme commander in Europe
- US President Gerald Ford announces conditional amnesty for American Vietnam War deserters.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- The Guess Who - Clap For The Wolfman
- Johnny Bristol - Hang On In There Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 September 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?