Tuesday 10 September 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Shot The Sheriff by Eric Clapton.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Turkish Delight, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1974 ?
- Boom Jinx: DJ.
- Ben Wallace: NBA forward (Washington Wizards).
- Mirko Filipovic: Croatian martial artist.
- Jill Chartier: Miss Oregon USA (1996).
- Alain Rey-Bellet: Brother of ski champion Corinne Rey-Bellet.
- Ryan Phillippe: American actor. After appearing on the soap opera One Life to Live, he came to fame in the late 1990s starring in a string of films, including I Know What You Did Last Summer, Cruel Intentions, and 54. In the 2000s, he appeared in several films, including 2001's Academy Award Best Picture nominee Gosford Park, 2005's Academy Award-winning ensemble film Crash, and the 2006 war drama Flags of Our Fathers. In 2007 he starred in Breach, a movie based on the true story of FBI operative Eric O'Neill,
- Mohammad Akram: Pakistani cricketer and coach
- Bessie Bardot: Australian businesswoman author model television host and socialite
- Sandra Cacic: Croatian-American tennis player
- Mirko Filipović: Croatian mixed martial artist boxer and politician
- New York Dolls disband
- Portugal recognizes independence of the Republic of Guinea-Bissau
- Guinea-Bissau gains independence from Portugal.
- Lou Brock ties (104) and then sets (105) baseball stolen base mark.
- Teuvo Louhivouri sets cycling distance record of 515.8 miles in 24 hours.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- The Guess Who - Clap For The Wolfman
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 September 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?