Monday 4 April 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 April 2011 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 April
- 2010–2011 Ivorian crisis:
- United Nations and French military helicopters fire on a pro-Laurent Gbagbo military camp. (AP)
- At least 5 people are killed during a bomb explosion at a bus station in Jandool in Lower Dir, Pakistan. (Al Jazeera)
- Police baton and tear gas people protesting on a highway in Dhaka, arresting dozens. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Yemeni police fire live rounds and teargas at protesters in the city of Taiz killing one person and injuring over 400. (BBC)
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Syrian president Assad appoints a new governor for Daraa as he struggles to please the people demonstrating in unprecedented protests against his regime. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- A humanitarian ship from Turkey rescues more than 250 injured people from Misrata and safely delivers them to the rebel stronghold of Benghazi. (BBC)
- Libya's acting foreign minister is sent to Athens by Muammar Gaddafi, while Scottish officials travel to London to question his defected predecessor Moussa Koussa on the Lockerbie bombing. (''The Independent'')
- Kuwait becomes the second Arab country to recognise the opposition National Transitional Council in Benghazi, after Qatar. (AGI)
- Italy recognizes Libyan rebel government (Christian Science Monitor)
- 2011 Jordanian protests:
- Police arrest a man with a fake explosive belt attempting to enter the headquarters of the Muslim Brotherhood in Amman. (Al Arabiya)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Israeli war planes roam at low attitudes across the skies of Gaza. (WAFA)
- Dirar Abu Seesi, a Palestinian engineer from Gaza, is indicted at Beersheba's District Court, accused of developing missiles and upgrading rockets for attacks on Israel he claims that the Mossad kidnapped him. (Ynetnews)
- War on Terror:
- 5 people, including Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, are to be put on trial by the United States military at the U.S.-operated Guantanamo Bay detention camp, it is announced. (Al Jazeera)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?