Monday 18 April 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 18 April 2011 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 April
- Olubayo Adefemi: Nigerian footballer (Born 1985).
- A 16-year-old Israeli boy injured by a Palestinian missile attack on his school bus on April 7 dies. (''BBC'') (''Wikinews'')
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Gaddafi's forces kill over 100 civilians in grad rocket attacks in the Nafusa Mountains of Libya. (Al Jazeera)
- Gaddafi's forces commit mass rape of women in battle of Misrata. (''Ottawa Citizen'')
- Suspected Muslim insurgents detonate a bomb in southern Thailand, killing one and injuring 23 people. (''Straits Times'')
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Eight killed in Syrian Protests. (BBC)
- Syrian city of Homs ampquotboilingampquot after deaths of 25 protesters. (''Haaretz'')
- Suicide Bombing in Iraq kills 9 and wounds 25. (BBC)
- Storms in Guangdong, southern China, kill at least 18 people and leave 150 injured. (Xinhua)
- A landslide kills 10 people in Indonesia's East Java province. (''The Hindu'')
- 14 people killed in mudslide in Colombia. (BBC)
- An anti-piracy conference opens in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (Al Jazeera)
- Ugandan opposition leader Kizza Besigye is arrested during a protest against high food and fuel prices in the capital Kampala. (Al Jazeera)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 April 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?