Saturday 2 April 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 2 April 2011 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 April
- India crowned World Champions after defeating Sri Lanka in the final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
- '''HackingTag Security''' is formed on 2 April 2011.
- At least 800 people are killed in a massacre in Duékoué, Côte d'Ivoire, during the Second Ivorian Civil War. (CBC News)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Friendly fire from coalition forces reportedly kills 13 rebels in Libya. (MSNBC)
- Rebel forces in Misrata estimate that 28 people have died in fighting over the past three days. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Security forces in Syria arrest dozens of people following pro-reform protests. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Anti-government protesters clash with riot police in Aden, southern Yemen. (AP via Google News)
- Gaza War:
- Israel asks the United Nations to disavow the Goldstone Report after the report's author, Judge Richard Goldstone, says that he retracts the accusation that Israel intentionally targeted civilians during the 2008–2009 Gaza War. (''The Washington Post'')
- Afghan National Army soldiers kill two insurgents including a would-be suicide bomber who attacked Camp Phoenix in Kabul. (BNO)
- Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan visits the areas of the country worst affected by the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (Reuters via WAMC)
- Tepco confirms radioactive water has been (and still is) leaking into the sea from a crack at the malfunctioning Fukushima nuclear plant. (BBC)
- A 5.9 magnitude earthquake hits northern Chile. (IOL)
- India charges former telecom minister Andimuthu Raja, several executives and three firms in a telecoms scandal. (Reuters)
- The North Korean government cracks down on IT gadgets such as computers and phones amid fears that news about the Middle East and North Africa protests could influence its citizens. (''The Straits Times'')
- Almost half of China's dairies are to close after failing to obtain new licenses following a safety audit. (Xinhua)
- Gunmen attack a bar in Ciudad Juárez in northern Mexico, killing five people. (AP via ''The Ledger'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?