Tuesday 12 April 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 12 April 2011 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 April
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Muammar Gaddafi's forces attack the eastern front line and shell the city of Misrata. (MSNBC)
- Almost all of 169 Chinese Christians detained on Sunday, after they tried to hold an outdoor prayer session, are released the unofficial Chinese church vows to hold more services. (BBC)
- Fukushima I nuclear accidents
- The Government of Japan raises the crisis level of the accidents to level 7, the highest level on the international scale and equivalent to the Chernobyl disaster. (Reuters)
- Workers at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant fight a fire following another aftershock. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- The state of emergency in New Zealand following the 2011 Canterbury earthquake is extended for another week. (TV New Zealand)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Pakistan seeks CIA reduction in the country by 25%-40% (BBC)
- Los Angeles County prosecuters lodge four felony charges against a man suspected of bombing a Chabad house in the US suburb of Santa Monica, California. (LA Fox)
- Police in Swaziland arrest any person in a group ahead of planned pro-democracy protests in the country. (News24 South Africa)
- Former President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak is taken to hospital after suffering heart problems while being interrogated about alleged corruption and violence against protestors. (AP via Fox News)
- Former Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty announces that he will be seeking the 2012 Republican nomination for President of the United States. (CNN)
- Leaders of Canada's major political parties hold an English language debate for the Canadian federal election. (BBC)
- Australian rugby league coach Wayne Bennett agrees to coach the Newcastle Knights in the National Rugby League in the next four seasons starting in 2012. (NRL)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?