Tuesday 19 April 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 19 April 2011 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 April
- Elisabeth Sladen: British actress (Born1946).
- Hamas fatally shoots two of the suspects in last weeks' murder of Italian pro-Palestinian activist Vittorio Arrigoni in Gaza. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- NATO and the civilian council of Misrata request ground troops to protect the city of Misrata from Gaddafi's forces, after NATO admits it is unable to stop the artillery shelling of Misrata. (''Hotair'')
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Thousands of anti-government protesters occupy and start a sit-in at Al-Saa Square in Homs, the third largest city in Syria. (BBC)
- President Assad lifts the 48-year controversial state of emergency following demands by protests. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- The United Nations Security Council meets to discuss as the Yemen government killing of the people protesting continues. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution:
- Long-time intelligence chief Omar Suleiman is questioned about the Hosni Mubarak regime's attacks on the people of Egypt. (Al Jazeera)
- U.S. serviceman Bradley Manning is moved by officials to a military prison in Kansas amid increased international concerns about the U.S. military's policy of forcing him to strip naked in his cell and taking away his clothes. (Al Jazeera)
- Three kindergarteners are wounded after a gun goes off in a school cafeteria in the U.S. state of Texas. The gun was brought to the school by a six-year old child. (Houston ABC 13)
- Seagate Technology, a California based manufacturer of hard disk drives (HDDs), buys the HDD division of Samsung, to create an entity with a combined HDD market share of 40 percent. (Reuters).
- Devastating fire in Manila, Philippines leaves about 8,000 people homeless and nine injured in a Makati City squatter community. (AP via Greenfield Daily Reporter)
- A donation campaign raises less money than expected towards a newer containment shell at Chernobyl. (Al Jazeera)
- British prime minister David Cameron sets out to block his predecessor Gordon Brown's attempt to take the £270,000 per year role of head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). (''The Guardian'')
- Georgia annuls a military transit treaty with Russia, which allowed the latter access to its military base in Armenia. (Civil Georgia)
- Singapore's Parliament is dissolved for the 14th General Election which is to be held on 7 May 2011. (Channel News Asia)
- Fidel Castro resigns from the Cuban Communist Party's central committee, formalising his gradual retreat from the spotlight that started in 2006. (Euronews.net)
- An error by an American air traffic controller leads to the plane carrying Michelle Obama of the United States to come two miles too close to another plane near Washington, D.C. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?