Friday 14 February 1936, Valentine's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Pine in Jennings and Fanne Foxe [Annabella Battistella].
Follow the Fleet, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1936 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Andrew Pine in Jennings: Florida, USA; actor (V, WEB, Wide Country).
- Fanne Foxe [Annabella Battistella]: Argentina -- (Wilbur Mills affair).
- Barbe : French cartoonist and humorous illustrator who began his career in 1958 by publishing his drawings in Le Rire, Hara-Kiri, Charlie Mensuel and Pilote.
- Émile Papiernik: French physician, a specialist in obstetrics who died on 8 August 2009 in Sceaux.
- Fanne Foxe: Argentinian-American stripper and actress.
- Andrew Prine: American actor
- National Negro Congress organizes in Chicago
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Maribel Vinson.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?