Friday 14 February 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Follow the Fleet, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1936 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Barbe : French cartoonist and humorous illustrator who began his career in 1958 by publishing his drawings in Le Rire, Hara-Kiri, Charlie Mensuel and Pilote.
- Fanne Foxe: Argentinian-American stripper and actress.
- Andrew Prine: American actor.
- Andrew Pine in Jennings: Florida, USA; actor (V, WEB, Wide Country).
- Fanne Foxe [Annabella Battistella]: Argentina -- (Wilbur Mills affair).
- Émile Papiernik: French physician, a specialist in obstetrics who died on 8 August 2009 in Sceaux.
- National Negro Congress organizes in Chicago
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Maribel Vinson.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?