Saturday 29 February 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack R Lousma in Grand Rapids and Jack Lousma.
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 29 February 1936 ?
- Jack R Lousma in Grand Rapids: Michigan, USA; Colonel US Marine Corp/astronaut (Skylab 3, STS-3).
- Jack Lousma: American astronaut who spent 59 days in orbit between 7/28/1973 to 9/25/1973 as a member of the second Skylab space station crew.
- Arthur Marwick: British professor in history whose influential books included "The Deluge," which deals with the transformations in British society brought about by the First World War.
- Henri Richard: Hockey Player.
- Alex Rocco: Actor (Blue Knight, Stanley, Stunt Man).
- FDR signs 2nd neutrality act
- US President Franklin Roosevelt signs second neutrality act.
- Baby Snooks, played by Fanny Brice, debuts on the radio program The Ziegfeld Follies of the Air.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1936?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?