Saturday 1 February 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Petrified Forest, directed by Archie L. Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1936 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Tuncel Kurtiz: Turkish actor playwright and director (d. 2013).
- Azie Morton: American educator and politician 36th Treasurer of the United States (d. 2003).
- G H Blake: Principal (Collingwood College, Durham University).
- Azie Taylor Morton: American civil servant, and 35th Treasurer of the United States (d. 2003).
- Georgios Kondylis: general of the Greek army and Prime Minister of Greece (Born 1878).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?