Thursday 27 February 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1936 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Ron Barassi: Australian footballer and coach.
- Timothy Spall: Actor (1871, Life is Sweet, Crusoe, Remembrance).
- Virginia Maskell: Actress (Suspect, Doctor in Love, Man Upstairs).
- Roger Mahony: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal.
- Roger M Mahoney in Hollywood: California, USA; archbishop of Los Angeles (1985-).
- Chuck Glaser in Spalding: Nebraska, USA; singer (Glaser Brothers - "Getting to Me Again").
- Willy den Ouden swims world record 100 metre free style (1:04.6).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1936?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?