Wednesday 4 March 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1936 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Jim Clark: Scottish race-car nicknamed "The Flying Scot," as he won 25 Grand Prix races.
- Eric Allendale: West Indian trombonist and songwriter (d. 2001).
- Aribert Reimann: German composer, pianist and accompanist, known especially for his literary operas.
- Eric Allandale: Dominican trombonist and songwriter (The Foundations) (d. 2001).
- John Burland: Emeritus Professor and Senior Research Investigator at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of Imperial College London.
- Robert Garrow: American serial killer (d. 1978)
- Ruben Mattias Liljefors: Composer, dies at 64.
- 1st flight of airship Hindenburg, Germany
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?