Wednesday 4 July 1962, US Independence Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Stripper by David Rose and His Orchestra.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Tales of Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1962 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Roland Ratzenberger: Driver.
- Neil Morrissey: English actor.
- Pam Shriver: Baltimore, Maryland -- Tennis star (1991 US Open doubles / Olympics - Gold - 1988).
- Rex Bell: American district attorney (of Clark County, Las Vegas) and son of silent film legend Clara Bow and actor Rex Bell (born George Francis Beldam).
- Island Records begins
- KIKU (now KHNL) TV channel 13 in Honolulu, HI (IND) 1st broadcast
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Emilio Pericoli - Al Di La'
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Joe Henderson - Snap Your Fingers
- Joanie Sommers - Johnny Get Angry
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?