Tuesday 4 July 1972, US Independence Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Giles and Nina Badric.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Duck, You Sucker, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kikaida: Android of Justice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1972 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Steve Giles: St. Stephens, New Brunswick -- Canoeist (1992, 96 Olympics - 6th Place).
- Nina Badric: Croatian singer.
- Oleg Prudius: Ukrainian professional wrestler.
- Ben Tari: Australian actor most known for playing 'Jared Levine' in 235 consecutive episodes of All Saints, an Australian hospital drama, 1998-2003.
- Nina Badrić: Croatian singer-songwriter and actress.
- Stephen Giles: Canadian canoe racer and engineer
- William Goldsmith: American drummer (Sunny Day Real Estate Foo Fighters and The Fire Theft)
- Mike Knuble: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach
- The first Rainbow Gathering is held in Colorado.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 July 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- America - I Need You
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?