Saturday 4 August 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Molden and Eddie Cade.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
White Lightning, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1973 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Alex Molden: Cornerback (New Orleans Saints).
- Eddie Cade: NFL full safety (NE Patriots).
- Peter Tsekenis: Australian soccer midfielder (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- Thierry Thulliez: French jockey with 72 wins in 1999.
- Todd Tucker: Reality Star.
- Eva Amaral: Spanish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Amaral)
- Xavier Marchand: French swimmer
- Marek Penksa: Slovak footballer
- Marcos Reis: Brazilian footballer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 August 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?