Sunday 4 June 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Arsene Lupin, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1916!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1916 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Jean Castel: French businessman and club owner.
- Robert Furchgott: American biochemist and pharmacologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2009).
- Fernand Leduc: Canadian painter (d. 2014).
- Cecil Blacker: CEO (British Equestrian Federation).
- Mildred J Hill: Composer / musician (Happy Birthday To You), dies at 56.
- Russian General Brusilov fails on his Eastern Front attack
- The Brusilov Offensive, the height of Russian operations in WWI, begins with their breaking through Austro-Hungarian lines.
- Louis Brandeis is sworn in as a Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
- The HMS ''Hampshire'' sinks off the Orkney Islands, Scotland, with Lord Kitchener aboard.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Stars - Prince's Orchestra
- The Hesitating Blues - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?