Wednesday 4 March 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Lynch in Golden Walley and Cinzia Leone.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
The Journey, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Garry Halliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1959 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Kelly Lynch in Golden Walley: Minnesota, USA; actress (Warm Summer Rain, Cocktail).
- Cinzia Leone: Italian actress and comedian.
- Rick Ardon: Australian news presenter.
- Plamen Getov: Bulgarian footballer.
- Maxey Long: American athlete (Born 1878).
- US Pioneer IV misses Moon and becomes second (US first) artificial planet.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 March 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Petite Fleur (Little Flower) - Chris Barber's Jazz Band
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- Ray Anthony - Peter Gunn
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?