Saturday 4 May 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey.
In UK Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison was in the top 5 hits.
Twister, directed by Jan de Bont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Beast From the East by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cañaveral de pasiones.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chronicles of the Sword or Complete Onside Soccer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1996 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 May
- ABC Bud Light Masters Bowling Tournament won by Ernie Schlegel.
- 122nd Kentucky Derby: Jerry Bailey aboard Grindstone wins in 2:01.
- Greg Pavlik one-hits Detroit Tigers making the Texas Rangers first American League team to pitch back-to-back one-hitters since the Washington Senators in 1917.
- A Sudanese Federal Airlines jet crashes on a domestic flight in a severe dust storm, while making an emergency landing 325 kilometres northeast of Khartoum, killing all 53 passengers and crew.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- SWV - You're The One
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- Busta Rhymes - Woo-Hah! Got You All In Check
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?