Thursday 9 May 1996
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Noah Centineo and Collins Key.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey.
In UK Fastlove by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Twister, directed by Jan de Bont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Beast From the East by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Buzzkill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arthur to Astaroth no Nazomakaimura: Incredible Toons or Avara.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1996 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- SWV - You're The One
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?