Thursday 4 October 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Lay Down Your Arms by Anne Shelton was in the top 5 hits.
Giant, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1956 ?
- Christoph Waltz: Austrian actor.
- Lesley Glaister: English author and playwright.
- Jérôme Garcin: French journalist and writer.
- Hans van Breukelen: Dutch soccer goaltender (PSV).
- Sherri Turner: Greenville, South Carolina -- LPGA golfer (1988 Mazda LPGA Champ).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?