Tuesday 5 July 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everybody's Somebody's Fool by Connie Francis.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1960 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala: Business Executive.
- Pruitt Taylor Vince: American actor.
- Pruitt Vince: American actor and director.
- Brad Loree: Canadian actor and stunt performer.
- James M Kelly: American politician.
- Mongolia adopts constitution
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Paul Anka - My Home Town
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?