Sunday 31 July 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lva Budarova and Paul Hanlon.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I'm Sorry by Brenda Lee.
In UK Please Don't Tease by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Last Woman on Earth, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1960 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Lva Budarova: Czechoslovakia -- Tennis star.
- Paul Hanlon: American homicide after a history of violence.
- Sylvia Seegrist: American homicide; a young woman who went berserk on 10/30/1985 at 3:30 PM.
- Dale Hunter: Petrolia, Ontario -- NHL center (Washington Capitals).
- Malcolm Ross: Scottish guitarist and songwriter (Josef K and Orange Juice).
- Karl Hasse: Composer, dies at 77.
- KSOO (now KSFY) TV channel 13 in Sioux Falls, SD (NBC) 1st broadcast
- Elijah Muhammad, leader of Nation of Islam, calls for a black state.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 July 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Hank Locklin - Please Help Me, I'm Falling
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?